Monday, September 8, 2014

Wonderful Weekend

On Thursday Erin flew in and Sammi and Jeff and Evelyn drove north to spend the weekend with us.  Because the two girls were both here, Clare and family spent some time with us as well.  It was wonderful to have a full house. 
We spent some time at Birch Hill with my dad.  I believe it was especially hard for Erin who hasn't seen her Papa in over a year and will not see him again. 
On Saturday we attended Allyssa Huck's wedding.  She and Erin were best friends in school and it was wonderful to spend the day celebrating with her and her family.  That was the reason Erin originally booked her flight home.  Getting to see her Papa was a bonus!
We attended church together which always takes me back.  Since I'm the only one of my siblings who still is part of the Gresham Ward I feel nostalgic when my kids are home.
This morning I drove Erin to the airport and then saw the Fillmores off.  My heart felt sad that they left.  Still, my heart is happy that we had the chance to be together even if for such a short time.

No comments: