Friday, March 21, 2014

A Mission Call Came in Our Mailbox

Andrew submitted his mission papers a few weeks ago so we have been expecting a large, white envelope in our mailbox.  Today that envelope came.  Clare brought the mail in but put that envelope back in the mailbox so he could get it out himself.

He asked me if I got the mail today, I could honestly answer that I did not.  After practice he and I walked to the mailbox together.  I had my I-pad so I could video him pulling his call out of the mailbox.  He was pretty excited to find it there.  He said he thought this day would never come.  He did wait an extra week because his application had to go through an extra screening process due to his reading disability.

We invited my dad and brother and nephews over along with the Gourleys and got got our girls on Facetime and the phone.  Andrew opened his call and he will be going to the Utah Salt Lake City Central Mission.  He reports July 23rd and will preach in the English language.  I believe he was surprised and relieved at the same time.  Relieved because he knows he will not starve.  (He's a very picky eater.)  The Salt Lake City missions are highly successful baptizing missions.  I feel very peaceful about this call and have that witness that this is the mission for Andrew. 

Very proud of his decision to serve the Lord!

No comments: