Monday, February 10, 2014

My Mom and Her Family

 February 11th is the day my grandma gave birth to my mom.  Not a sappy post today.  Just some pictures I found tonight that I thought I'd share with my family.  I give you what I know about each one...which isn't much.  Enjoy the photos and trip down memory lane.  They are in no particular order.
 Obviously Diane's wedding.  The guy on the right is John Pevonka (whoever that is.)

 1951
 Looks like she's at "The Rock."
 Summer 1954
 Hiding behind a pillar?  I have no info.
 My grandparent's 40th anniversary.  I love this picture even though it is way off center.
 Mom and baby Bruce


 Grandma Otto, Marge Schwartz, Mom, Grandpa O and Herb Schwartz
I LOVE Grandpa's suit and hat.  I wonder what the occasion was.
 No clue on an age.  Perhaps 14ish?
 Diane's wedding again.
 Mom and Dad's wedding.
 A trip to Utah.  I believe August 1982.
 Mom, Ibie and Rover About 1942
 Diane and Mom in Summer 1938
 Tim was the baby so whenever he was about two.
 Mom and Dad's wedding with both sets of my grandparents.  How much does my dad look like his father?
 Dad, Mom and August Dey on the porch at the farm.
 I'd say the one standing by my mom is Stan.
 Not a clue when or where but the back of the photo reads, "Won't Carol like this when she's grown up."
 At the Pederson home.  About 1965 or 1966.  Can't tell if Mom is pregnant or not. 
 My parent's wedding on Aug 30, 1958
 Graduation in 1955
 The entire family in 1969.
 The Grosskopf siblings with Grandma Frieda. I see June so much in her mother.
Without these two amazing people my mom wouldn't have existed.  Grandpa died much too early for my liking.  I love seeing photos of him.  My grandson Brock was wearing some striped bib overalls a few weeks ago and it reminded me of Grandpa Otto.

No comments: