Monday, January 6, 2014

The Deep Freeze

How does cold look?  No different than any other day.  I got up this morning and my weather bug said it was -31.  Feel like temperature was -54.  As a result there was no school.  I spent my morning in the basement by the wood furnace.  I did the laundry while I was down there.  Warmest part of the house.  Actually the sun shone for a while this afternoon while I was in the livingroom doing Just Dance on the Wii.  I even worked up a sweat. Good thing that room was cooler than the others.

Tonight I made chicken gnocci soup for supper.  Tonight I have the oven going making mint chocolate chip cookies.

Tomorrow's school is already canceled.  Around noon tomorrow we should get some relief from this POLAR VORTEX.  There's a term I never knew existed.  Oh well, life in Wisconsin.  I still love it here with all our crazy weather.  Not a fan of the super hot or super cold.  Just saying.

No comments: