Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happy Birthday Gramma O

 One hundred years ago today my Grandma Otto was born.  Of course she wasn't my grandma then.  Also, 81 years ago today she was a 19 year old bride.  I think my grandpa was smart to make their anniversary the same day as her birthday.  Although I really don't know why her birthday was chosen.
I love this picture of the two of them.  I don't know if I ever remember my grandpa having this much hair, but that's his smile.  He was the best grandpa ever.  I loved him so much.  He's been gone since July 1982.  She on the other hand spent many years being a widow.  She's only been gone six years.
This photo comes from one of my Sleger cousin's weddings.  I see my aunt Diane now and she is so old and feeble.  I much prefer to remember her this way.  This is also how I remember my grandma.  I guess because this is how she looked most of my life.  I loved going to their house.  There was so much to do in every season.   I loved the way their house smelled as well.  Wood smoke permeated the home as that was the only mode of heat they ever had.
I found this photo a couple of years ago.  I only wish swimwear was this modest today.  Isn't she a hottie?  I adored my grandparents.  A few years ago I made sure her temple work was done.  My daughters Sammi and Erin helped with the temple work as well as niece Alison.  I look forward to one day having a reunion with these wonderful people!

No comments: