Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

 I no longer have ill feelings about Mother's Day.  I worked through all of those over the last couple of years.  Instead I've decided to embrace the efforts of my sweet husband.  He decided a few years back that on Mother's Day he would take me out of the stake so we can sit together during church.  This year he gave me some options and I decided that I would like to go to Green Bay.
He found a great deal through the shopping show on the radio and got us a room at St. Brendan's Inn in Green Bay.  The rooms were richly painted and beautiful as witnessed in the picture below.
 They also have a dining room where Irish food is themed.  I had a Clare sandwich which was roast beef on toasted sourdough bread with caramelized onions and a horseradish cream cheese.  I had a side of sweet potato chips.  It was all delish!  Then my sweetie ordered bread pudding which I absolutely love.
 After we ordered and before our food came, he pulled this little box out of his pocket.
 I love opals!  What a grand surprise.
We attended sacrament service with my brother and nephew at Green Bay 2nd.  Sometimes, I visit another ward and leave with nothing but good feelings.  I didn't have any bad feelings after this visit, but I will say that I am so thankful for our Bishopric and how they follow the handbook.  
I came home to warm up the KFC purchased the day before and finished off my meal with a slice of lemon pie from Perkins.  (I make better lemon pie.)
A visit with all my girls via Face Time and my day was complete.
I can only wish for every mom's day to be this good.

1 comment:

Luana said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Your hubby is so very thoughtful!