Monday, December 26, 2011

A McBain Original

Last week my husband surprised me once again with another Mort McBain original.  This print hangs in my kitchen.  He also purchased a larger size of the same print for Clare and Clint as a Christmas gift. 
I like the fact that Mort paints what he sees and not what's actually there.  You don't see any buildings or roads in this print.  It isn't this close to the river either.  The temple itself is accurate which is all I care about.
While at the McBain home, Mort showed me his "cave" where he works.  He showed me many of his works.  What a talent!  I won't even say I wish I had that talent.  I have my own.  I'm just thankful that I know someone so talented where I can purchase these beautiful prints.

1 comment:

Luana said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!!! By the way, your side bar shows my blog hasn't been updated for 5 months. It is wrong. I have been keeping current with my blog. I also left a comment on your post below this one. Have a great day!