Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day 2011

A beautiful Christmas day spent together as a family.  Last night we skyped with Sammi and Jeff and did all the usual Christmas eve festivities.
Today we went to church and had a wonderful program with lots and lots of singing.  The choir sang four pieces and sounded beautiful!
After church we got our dinner started and then opened gifts. 

Erin got a new robe, boots and an exercise ball.
 Andrew was blessed with the pajama shorts he's wearing and the shirt he's holding up.  But his real excitement came upon opening his new ipod.
 Tom scored new pajama pants and two Mario wii games.  He was pretty excited about those pants even though he actually picked them out.
There's the new ipod! 
 A book my husband didn't know he wanted was his gift.  He was grateful to receive it.
Me?  A ruby necklace from my sweetie.  Sammi and Jeff sent a book on the Savior's life and Clare and Clint gave me "scent burner" with several types of scents to melt and fill the house with the scent of apple pie or cinnamon or pumpkin. 

We heard from Sammi and Jeff when they got back from church.  Pat and I were able to listen to them opening their gifts from us via speaker phones.  It was fun to listen to them get just what they wanted/needed. 

We spent the afternoon watching some Christmas movies and eating and visiting.  The only thing that would've made it better would be if the Fillmores could have been here in person.  But, we understand.

I've always loved Christmas and continue to love it.  To remember the Savior's birth and His gifts to us leaves me in awe.  I can never repay all that I've been blessed with.  The best I can do is to be obedient and do those things that I'm asked to do.  Most of those things are small and simple.  If I can do those, then I shouldn't have difficulty doing the big and hard things.
 

1 comment:

Luana said...

The temple picture is absolutely beautiful. Evan surprised me with a Simon Dewey print that I love. I should put a picture if it on my blog also. Sounds like your family had a Very Merry Christmas, as did ours. I am so sad it is over. Happy New Year!