Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October 18th

 Today is Andrew's 16th birthday!  How did that happen?  He was born a very tiny 5 pounds, 1/2 ounce.  Granted our cat, Sylvester was about 12 pounds, Andrew still is tiny next to our cat.
 He liked keys a lot as a toddler, but what kid doesn't love keys.  This was taken Christmas time in Nauvoo when he was 2 years old.
 I don't remember if he was three or four when I took this photo.  I've always loved it.
 He was 4 1/2 when we went to Nauvoo for the first time to be in the pageant. 
We were back in Nauvoo in August and guess who wanted his picture taken with the carkeys as well as the car?
It's still amazing that this tall, thin drink of water started life in such a tiny body.
Happy 16th Andrew!

2 comments:

Gene J said...

I didn't remember him being that small when he was born. I do remember having him in Nursery in church. Such a sweet little boy. He and Tana were best friends. Time sure flies!!!

mom2_7 BRADYS said...

May the keys he carries open all the doors of life in store for him.
Andrew is a great guy!
I find it hard to believe the little guy checking out the bugs in the grass has grown so very tall....yet that sparkle of curiosity is still so much in his eye. Seeing him squat and focus when so much near chaos was going on around him backstage gave me a glimpse of a kid that knows it is important to let the unimportant slide by. I cherish that memory.
Such a great personal trait to have at 4 1/2, or 16, or 30!
I hope to learn from him.
May we all enjoy and celebrate his birth.
I'll gladly take the opportunity to have some ice cream in his honor.