Thursday, June 16, 2011

Final Preparations

 I've got to say that I always get excited about the youth conference in Nauvoo.  I love "Old Nauvoo" and want the youth to feel the "spirit" of the city.  With the church history and the Doctrine and Covenants being the text for seminary last year, this is the capstone of all that learning. 
 I know most of the youth in my seminary class have never been to Nauvoo. 
 I hope they don't witness the kind of thing this little dude showed us a few years back.  I guess even when there are public bathrooms on the street, when you gotta go, you gotta go.
 The young performing missionaries are always a treat.  They put on a great show with High Hopes and Riverboats.  I've got to say that I think I like the old Nauvoo Adventure better, although they're both top notch shows.
 A poor photo, but Vocal Point will be there while we're there.  We're going to get to see them on their opening night.  I promised Tom and that he and Sammi and I will go back for a second performance.
 Erin edited this photo.  I love this statue.  What a great cause we're engaged in!
 I look forward to seeing all the flowers.  Every temple has beautiful flowers around it when in season.  In April it was tulips and daffodils.  Now it could be just about anything.

Some final preparations to make and a list of things to bring.  Some juggling due to some unexpected circumstances beyond our control.  Still, I think it will be a wonderful trip for our youth.  I hope they too come away with the spirit of the place.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I hope you, your family and all the children of the ward going have a great time!

Luana said...

I sure miss the proximity to Nauvoo. How fun to take the youth there!