Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 5

Day 5 is a picture of your favorite memory.
I have many wonderful memories but when I really started thinking about our entire family and the memories we've created, there was only one choice.
The City of Joseph
All decked out our first year in our costumes representing Germany.
In 2001, we brought Zack, Lys, Nichola and Stef with us. I unfortunately broke my foot only a week before leaving so I wasn't actually in the show this year.
How do you build a city?
With your hands. With your heart. Still 2001. I had the incredible opportunity to watch my family doing something they love. I did end up backstage for several nights to make sure they could handle the costume changes, etc.
Our first year in 2000. Look at my little Andrew. He was only four. So cute.
This was taken at our house in 2000. No makeup or authentic hair styles. (Except for the bearded man) It's incredible how the children have grown up.
On Sunday, Andrew and I watched the 2004 show on DVD. We looked for ourselves and enjoyed remembering. I still feel nostalgic when thinking about those incredible five years of our lives. Such great blessings and so many friends. It is bittersweet to remember. I do so with fondness and a little sadness but great love.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Isn't it interesting how two weeks out of 52 can influence your life in such a way? Thanks for sharing these fun pictures. I'm glad it is a happy memory. It is for me too. :)