Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Christmas Shopping!

Yes, I have begun! Why is it as the children grow up their tastes do as well? Let me rephrase that. They now desire more expensive toys. I have purchased a few gifts and the rest are at least in my brain which makes it easy as I know what I'm looking for. Not that I want to rush things, but Black Friday needs to get here so I can find some deals. I don't like paying full price for anything.

Now that I have an artificial tree, I have considered putting it up at some point over the next week. Not that I would decorate it, just put it up and let Adam get used to having it in the house before I put anything on it.

I love Christmas!

4 comments:

Miss Erin said...

How could you take away the real tree? Why, why, why?

Heidi said...

Sorry Erin. I love the real tree but I'm at the point in my life, where I'll just have the fake one as it's easier to put up and down and don't have the mess of needles or fear of having it randomly tip over. No more bungee cords holding it to the wall. Besides, my source for trees was just about gone and I'd have to go buy one off a lot. I really didn't want to do that.

Stacy Stoddard said...

i thought about putting up our tree at the beginning of the month and didn't get to it, but I am going to try next year.

I want to decorate it with thanksgiving things, leaves or something that say what we are thankful for. so you could put it up and have your family each make leaves or turkeys with things they are thankful for.

Luana said...

Go all out and decorate it too! I have both my trees up and decorated. I always do it the week after Halloween. I put many hours into decorating them so I can't justify just keeping them up for the month of Decemger. They have to stay up longer!