Monday, September 13, 2010

My Thoughts on Being...

A missionary mom
I love that my daughter is serving a mission. I'm not a worrier and so I don't stress out about her being away or telling me about the experiences that would otherwise make me nuts. I know that our Heavenly Father will protect her as she's doing His work.

A volleyball official

I love the sport of volleyball. I'd rather play it than watch, coach or officiate. Officiating pays the best though. Coaching was fun but it took so much time. Officiating gets me watching the game and I get to be the one to be in charge and make the calls. Yes, it can be intimidating. I just follow my husband's advice. When you make the call, do it with authority, even if it's the wrong call.

A Nana

I love being a grandma. Part of it is because I get to watch my daughter be a mom. She's great at it by the way. I know I have responsibility to teach, but I get to hug and play and just love those wonderful little people.

A wife

I am so blessed to have a husband who respects, loves, cares for and adores me. The longer I am married to this incredible man, the more in love with him I become. I am constantly amazed that even after all these years, I discover new things about him that I love. I'm also amazed by the feelings of falling in love with him over and over again.

A seminary teacher
This is a no-brainer if you've read my previous posts. I love having the scriptures open up to me. I love the "aha" moments when I see the lightbulb come on for one of my students. I adore these youth.

The mother of a child with special needs

What did I ever do to have this priveledge? I look forward to the next world when he has all the disability removed and we can talk. He's a pretty amazing man.

A friend
I am blessed beyond measure when I think about my dear friends. There are many of you and I hope you recognize who you are. We share joy, laughter and tears. We celebrate life together. The most incredible thing about being a friend is being able to pick up just where we left off last week, last month or last year.

A sister
I have some incredible brothers and sisters. It's fun to share stories of when we were young. I love to watch the changes that we all go through and see how much we've grown through the trials placed before us. Yes, incredible siblings.

A daughter

I was blessed to have the parents I do. My dad has always been my hero. I never realized what a strength my mom was in Dad's life. I hope people will say that about me one day. I miss my mom tremendously.

A coach
I said earlier that I love the youth. Some more than others. I love track and field and look forward to the upcoming season when I have the opportunity to coach my own son. Yes, I do have my favorites but I try to give them all the attention they deserve. The pay is never enough, but truth be told, I'd probably do it for free as I love it. The money is helpful in lots of ways so I am glad there is pay involved.

A stay-at-home mom
Even though my children are either gone or don't need me like they used to, I still enjoy being at home. I love that I can lounge around and do nothing or I can plant, harvest, clean or cook. All of which do get done.

There are so many other things I could post, but for now I just had the feeling that I needed to share a few thoughts. How about my other blogging friends. Any thoughts????

3 comments:

Clare said...

My thoughts:
1) Beesh!
2) It nice to know someone thinks I'm a good mom when they're also the one who sees me swat my kids mouth or butt occasionally. I love my mommmy because she taught me how to be a good Mom. Maybe it helps that I have been turning into her for the last 26 years.

momtoo3cutegirlz said...

Your awesome! Thanks for the help & support last night, I felt like a fish floundering out of water, but you were patient with me...

Sue said...

You wear a lot of hats and all of them fit you perfectly!
You have been there for me time and time again. You know when to talk and sometimes to just listen. You helped lead me to such important steps in my life. I am forever grateful for that.
I love you Sister!