Thursday, December 18, 2008

A SNOW DAY????

I awoke to a cold house this morning at 5:30 with some(?) electricity. What's up with that? About 6:00 the power went totally off. My house smelled good due to the scented candles burning. At any rate, my sweetheart of a husband went out in the -15 degree weather and started up our generator and we had enough power to plug in the blower for the wood furnace which supplied heat to our home. A camp stove supplied the heat to make breakfast. I didn't have any way to supply water for a shower or to flush the toilet. That's the worst part about living in the sticks. When the power fails, so does the water supply. Since the power outage affected all of Gresham and the outlying areas, school was cancelled. I don't mind having the children home, I don't like to waste a snow day for some stupid reason when we might need it tomorrow for the promised snow. Such is life. We keep this up and school will be getting out this year in JULY!

1 comment:

Luana said...

Hey Heidi,
You finally got a blog! Aren't they so fun? A while back I tried to find a blog for you by googling your name and I ended up finding Joanna Scoresby's blog because she had a post with Pres. Pleshak's name in it. I get so excited when I find blogs of people I know. HOW do you deal with living in the sticks? I could never do that, not in a million years.