Monday, April 22, 2024

Power in the Sun

One of my favorite things to see is the breaking of dawn and the setting of the sun.  So often spectacular views are given as the day begins and/or ends.
Thinking about the power of the sun is incredible.  It gives light and heat to our world.
I love  the sunshine shining through my windows in the winter and warming my house.
At night I love a full moon!  It gives such light especially when bouncing that light off of the water or the snow.
This full moon photo looks like it could be the sun.
As I contemplate the power of the sun and it's ability to help things grow and give us so much light especially in the summer and warms us it is a wonderful metaphor for the Son.
The Son of God, my Savior and Redeemer does the exact same thing as the sun in the sky.  He offers us the chance to grow and fills our souls with light and warmth.  
He may not personally come into my house like the sunshine does but He does enter as I open the door for Him.  Through the scriptures, prayer, good books and music I can feel his presence.  
I am ever grateful for the Son!  There is such power as I depend upon Him and His atonement.  I know that He lives and loves me.  I am always grateful for my testimony of Him and all that He has done for me!
 

No comments: