Sunday, June 19, 2022

Temple Open House

Touring the Washington D.C. temple was the reason for this incredible trip.  
It did not disappoint.  As beautiful as I remember.  
We had to try to recreate some of the photos from our wedding day.  Of course in January, we didn't have the crowds of people behind us.
It seems like yesterday and yet so long ago that we were married here.
I was grateful that Erin and Tom wanted to join us on this vacation.
I pray that all of my grandchildren will look not only to their parents but to us as an example of what a marriage should look like and where it should take place.  I think now that Pat is a temple sealer and has the opportunity to seal any of his posterity, it will be even more special for them when that day comes.
This temple is tucked away in a residential neighborhood and is not easy to get to unless you know where you're going.  
We were able to see the temple above the trees from the beltway.  That's always a special scene.
I don't know if I ever imagined the man of my dreams but I surely found him!
So blessed to call these people mine!
Thanks Erin for coming along and taking some selfies to help us remember this special time.
 

No comments: