Sunday, February 21, 2021

Carthage Visitors’ Center Refresh

 A new project!  A new coat of paint for the Carthage Visitors' Center.  I took all the artwork down and Tom removed all of the switch plates.  

My sweetheart took all of the track lighting down and I climbed on the scaffolding to remove as much of the caulk on the ceiling as I could.
Sister Koop and I and then Sister Cochran worked on the back doors.  We pulled a lot of cauling out and then had sanding to do.  I think Sister Koop worked on that door for a week!
There were ceiling tiles in the entry room except for the center where the chandelier is.  Pat worked on pulling all the tiles down and removing the glue behind them.  New sheetrock will be installed over the old to give it a fresh new look.
I worked on all of the corners removing the old caulking as it was cracked.  This project is not merely a missionary apartment but must be done "museum quality" according to Jared.
Elder Koop came out one day and helped remove ceiling tiles.  I think we havc worked there for most of three weeks and the only painting we have done is on the ceiling of the large room.
Last week Jared and I started caulking all the places that need it.  I was hoping at the beginning of this project that it would be completed before I go home.  Not a chance!  I'm going to have to send my photos to one of the others so they know where to put the artwork.  I look forward to being able to come back and tour it once it is finished and open.

No comments: