Thursday, January 28, 2016

Half Way There

The new semester at school has begun which means that my seminary year is half over.  I think it is just the material I'm teaching at the moment, but its beginning to feel long.  Does that make sense? Some years the weeks and months flew by and the material was very interesting.  I feel like I'm trudging through this particular part of 1 Samuel.

I've been teaching since Erin was a senior in high school.  That's EIGHT years!!!  I've loved it more than I can express.  I've learned more than I can express and I'm grateful that my Heavenly Father had confidence in me that I could do this.  With that said, I'm ready to give it up.

Don't get me wrong.  I love and care about these youth more than I can say.  I pray for them and worry about them.  They are so precious and spectacular!  I'm still enthusiastic about being with them once I get there.  Its just that some lessons are really dry compared to others.  I know every single day can't be and won't be as exciting as I want it to be.  I just pray that they are able to feel the Spirit.




I wish I would have taken pictures every year I taught.  I know I have a few more but they're on the other computer.

The only thing I think about is, "What will the Lord have me do next?"  I guess the Lord qualifies those He calls.  I can bear witness of that!

No comments: