Thursday, May 22, 2014

Andrew's Track Season

 The track season this year hasn't been without it's hitches.  Mainly the weather.  Old man winter just kept holding on.  It seemed he was on a ventilator and no one would shut it off!  We missed three invitationals as well as two other meets.  Pretty sad.  Less hardware for my athletes.

Andrew has been high jumping very well this season.  He won every meet except the Shawano Invite.  He didn't expect to win that one since Seymour's Alex Bloom was competing against him.  He jumped 6'10" that day and Andrew "only" jumped 6'1.5" that day.  That was his personal best of the season.  He was jumping what he thought was 6' and when they measured it was and inch and a half higher.  His first major competition was at our conference meet but he ended up jumping 6'2" and won!  Two years in a row as the conference high jump champ!
 He also triple jumps.  He isn't great at it but does a good enough job to always bring in some points for the team.  He has great form but lacks the speed to really make the leaps that could bring him up in the standings.
I love track and field!  I will miss not having any of my children competing.  I love competing and I love watching the competition as well.  I anticipate working some meets next year as well.  I will miss it!

No comments: