Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude

As promised, I'm back with my Thanksgiving list of things for which I feel gratitude.
  1. Those brave souls who came to this country seeking freedom to worship as they saw fit.
  2. This country where I can worship as I see fit.
  3. A warm, comfortable home.
  4. A handsome husband who loves me unconditionally.
  5. Incredibly beautiful daughters and handsome sons who are more importantly righteous people.
  6. Friends on whom I can always rely.
  7. The knowledge that I am of divine heritage with a Father in Heaven who loves me.
  8. The Savior of the World with whom I have my own personal relationship.
  9. The opportunity to teach seminary each school day.
10. A strong, healthy body.
11. Enough.  To eat, to wear, to pay bills, etc.
12. The scriptures from which I learn constantly.
13. Grandchildren!
14. Parents who taught me between right and wrong.
15. A sister.
16. Brothers.
17. Technology to keep me "close" to my loved ones.
18. A testimony of the truthfulness of the restored gospel.
19. A living prophet upon the earth.
20. A bishop who watches over his flock.
21. Continuing revelation through the Lord's servants.
22. Women who want to exercise with me.
23. The changing seasons.
24. A wood supply.
25. Christmas lights.
26. Ten wonderful seminary students.
27. The power of prayer.
28. Employment
29. Modern medicine
30. Birds outside my window.
31. Photographs both past and present
32. The testimonies of others who help fortify my own.
33. My mother's writings and stories.
34. A grandmother who always told me how wonderful I was.
35. A grandparents' home where I always felt love.
36. Aunts, uncles, cousins and relatives in general.
37. The temple.
38. Covenants made at baptism and in the temple.
39. Athletics.  I love to watch and play when I can.
40. Schools where my children and I had the opportunity to be educated.
41. Mentors in my life.
42. Music. I love to listen and be involved in it.
43. A group of people called the ward choir.
44. Friendships that will continue through the eternities.
45. This beautiful place called Wisconsin!
46. Automatic washers and dryers.
47. Hot water.
48. A reliable car.
49. Air travel.
50. Sunshine!
I could go on, but I think for today I'm finished.  I live a very blessed and happy life with the most amazing people on earth.  Happy Thanksgiving my friends and family!  I do love you all.

No comments: