Sunday, May 13, 2012

A New Bishopric

A good day at church today as we sustained a new bishopric.  Bishop Rekow was a wonderful leader for our ward.  He is good and kind and most caring.  His heart is bigger than most people I know.  He sincerely loves the people of our Gresham ward.  I know because I've felt his love for me.

Today he was released and his son-in-law, Newell Haffner was called.  Newell is very different from Bishop Rekow.  That's not a bad thing.  He sees things very black and white but I know he has a great capacity to love.  Just last week I heard him bear his testimony of his great love for the young men of our ward.  I've seen it in action as well.  He one of the good guys.

Will I miss having Bishop Rekow at the helm?  I think I might as he's such a kind, wonderful man.  Do I look forward to seeing the direction Bishop Haffner takes our ward.  Absolutely!  John Rickert and Aaron High will stand by his side as his counselors.  Yes, it was a good day to be at church and raise my hand to sustain these men.

1 comment:

Sammi said...

Way to go, Newelly.
Still sporting the paw print pin on his suit.