Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Track Season Begins

I started track practice with my team last Monday in Bowler. Tuesday I was in Gresham and the rest of the week, we were together. The BIG change this year is that I'm the head coach and not the assistant. I liked being the assistant! But, Matt moved away and there was no one else willing to take on the job. I fear I may have this job for more years than I'm prepared to put in. I'm still waiting for an assistant coach. Erin has been a dear and is filling in where I can't be. What a blessing she is!

I've got some interesting youth on the team. Some are very talented and work hard. Some work hard and will do just fine simply because they work so hard. Some are talented and don't work hard and then there are those with little/no talent that don't work hard. Those are the ones that make the job difficult.

I surely miss the seniors from last year as they were such good leaders and workers. I've got some really great seniors this year so we'll be alright. Our first meet is scheduled for Tuesday the 30th. As I checked the weather for the next week, I doubt that we'll end up having that meet. The rest of this week looks good but beginning on Saturday our temps are supposed to decrease with snow/rain coming for next week. It is March so I suppose that's expected. I'm just really thankful for the warm weather in the past week.

No comments: