Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving 2009 is much different than any other we've ever had in our home. Two daughters are not here. Erin spent the day with Al and Jack's family and of course Sammi is in the MTC. My dad wasn't with us either which was strange as we always have Thanksgiving together.

A day to be thankful. I have so much.
My husband who is my best friend.
Children who make good decisions.
Grandchildren who make me smile.
Extended family who have so graciously helped us in the past few months during our travels.
My warm house and big woodpile.
Enough to eat.
An awesome seminary class filled with beautiful students.
A bounteous apple crop.
Potatoes that grew and grew and grew.
A sister who always tells me she loves me.
Brothers who love me even though we don't say it often.
Friends who listen and share their love and laughter.
Vehicles that run.
A job that provides.
This country and those that serve to protect us.
Telephones, emails and facebook to keep me connected to loved ones.
Missionaries who come and go through our home and lives.
The mild fall weather.
Women who share their recipes.
My Savior, Jesus Christ.
There is much, much more but you get the idea. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

1 comment:

Luana said...

On no Heidi, I have corrupted you with my pre Thanksgiving Christmas tree set up. However, I am proud of you for getting yours up before Thanksgiving. I put my 2nd tree up the Monday before Thanksgiving. I just put up all my Christmas decorations the last 2 days and I feel bad that after so so so much work of putting them up it will be time to take them down in a month. Doesn't seem hardly worth the effort. The Christmas season should definitely last at least 2 months. If I didn't like to decorate for Thanksgiving so much I would put all of my Christmas stuff up the day after Halloween.
It was really good to see you and Pat. Seems like I was just getting to know you a little better when we had to move. I REALLY miss Wisconsin and all the wonderful people there. It just IS NOT the same here. There is much to be said about living in the mission field!
Have a wonderful Christmas season.