Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What's the common thread in these two pictures?


Here's a picture of my beautiful daughter Sammi. Not the most recent one I have, but still good. In the past few months she's had a lot of questions that need answering. After fasting and prayer not only on her part, but on mine as well and after spending a little time with our Mission President, President Barrett, she's decided that the best thing she could do in her life is to wear what's pictured below.



That's right. She's decided to serve the Lord by going on a mission. The tag is actually mine, the one I used while serving as a stake missionary.

She's got her part of the "paperwork" done and has had her dental appointment. Now for the physical and then she can meet with Bishop Rekow and her Stake President.

We're hoping she has her call by the time we go to Nauvoo next month. She's going because her friend is getting married in the temple. Wouldn't it be great if she could attend the marriage? We think so too. As her mom I can say that I've trusted her judgment and knew that she would follow what the Lord would have her do. I think she'll be a great missionary!

3 comments:

Clare said...

If she's going through the temple then I want to go too. Clint probably wouldn't be able to go, but I'd be there.

Luana said...

That is wonderful news Heidi. How happy you all must be.

MissRochelle said...

How wonderful for Sammi. She will do wonderful on a mission!