Saturday, August 10, 2024

Improvements

Grandson Brock asked if I had any jobs for him so he could earn some money.  I actually did have some jobs that I meant to get at but with his help I could do them faster.  One of them was to clean and re-stain my wooden lawn furniture.  He power washed all of the benches as well as the front banister.  
Once he had those clean and they were dry he came back the next day to restain them.  I painted the banister as I didn't want paint dripped on the concrete like the last time I had a kid help me.
I think everything turned out great!  He stained and painted and mowed lawn and got enough money to buy whatever he was after.  
After coming home from two weeks in Nauvoo and prior to going to Mackinac, I wanted to weed the area on the north side of the house.  I didn't get very far before we were gone again.  
I bought a new to me bike to take along since our e-bikes are not allowed on the island.  Brock asked again if I had any jobs to earn more money.  Adam tried out my "new" bike and asked if he could trade me his for mine.  I agreed but asked him to help Brock and I with this job.  
It was a very hot and humid day but we all worked hard and we got it finished.  I discovered that when those boys want to earn some cash, they work pretty hard.  I'm grateful for the help and their willingness to spend time with me.  I appreciate them so much for helping me get this accomplished.



 

No comments: