Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Donny Osmond Concert

My whole life I've wanted to see Donny Osmond in concert. I grew up on the music of the Osmond Brothers and just always loved it.  We went to Vegas and were there a bit too early to catch his concert.  He's doing a summer tour and it kicked off in Milwaukee and then he came to Appleton!  That close I wasn't going to miss it.
Of course his song Puppy Love is probably the one he's known for.  He sang it for us just after he opened with Soldier of Love.
I loved that he was so interactive with the audience.  He sang a rap that chronicled his career.  It was accompanied by a slide show.  That was so fun to watch and listen to.
He spent time asking the audience what songs of his 60 albums he should sing.  That was fun and so entertaining.  
Then he brought out his "brothers" to sing with him.  He has some incredible dancers who doubled as his brothers.  
At the end he gave a great tribute to Andy Williams!  I loved that!  He had video footage of he and his brothers as well as Marie from when they were just little kids.  I love that he gave credit where credit was due.  Besides, I always loved Andy Williams too.  It was a fun night and one of my most favorite concerts ever.  And I got to spend it with my best guy!

No comments: