Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Cousins

On June 29th, Gresham had their Independence Day celebration with a parade and fireworks in the evening.  This is the day I throw a picnic at our home for whomever wants to come.  This year, Nichola and Stefanie have moved back to Wisconsin so it was a no-brainer that they along with Alyssa would be here.  Not only that, but the Robertson reunion was the next week so Zack and Zane and families were also in town.
The school is getting new playground equipment and there were a few pieces no one wanted.  One of them being the "spider".  It is set up on the south lawn just below the driveway.  I'm sure I don't know the names of all these 2nd cousins but I think they had a good day getting to know one another.
Alex and Cate were also in town so it was really just a family reunion plus Edwina and the Raddants.  I didn't get to have time with everyone, but I think all had a good time renewing and remembering.
We had to have a photo so all the cousins who were in attendance created a pose on the front steps.  Pat threw a water balloon just prior to me snapping a picture that hit Tom almost squarely in the crotch.  That got some good laughs!
In the end I really did get a better photo than this one.  It was so fun to have all these people together once again.  It made my heart smile.

No comments: