Tuesday, May 28, 2024

My Friend Suzanna

Suzanna and David Lau moved out of our ward more than two years ago.  I have missed her.  She is truly one of my sisters and not just in the gospel sense. 
Her mother Therese Maass passed away recently.  There was a nice funeral in Idaho Falls where she and her husband, Brian Martz, had been living.  
There was another memorial service in Stevens Point on May 18th.  Pat was asked to be a pall bearer and I was asked to give the closing prayer.  I knew I would blubber through it as much as I tried not to.
We were able to spend some time together during the meal and following.  Due to her having an amazing boss, he insisted that she be able to be here for the funeral and graveside dedication.  He knew she couldn't afford to come so made it possible.
I didn't recognize how much I missed her until I was able to hold her and hug her tight.  I knew I missed her talents at the piano each time I needed someone to play something a bit more difficult.  I had to learn it or the choir couldn't sing it.  But more than that, I missed our talks and giggles.
There are those people who come into your life that make you better.  They are people whom you love intensely and without measure.  They are family even though genetics would say otherwise.  Suzanna is one of those people!  I just plain love her and miss her more than ever since I had the opportunity to see her again.  
 

No comments: