Tuesday, May 28, 2024

2024 Track Season

Even though I'm old and out of shape, I still love track and field!  I enjoyed competing back when I was in high school and even a year of college.  I love being able to work at those meets as the Clerk of Course.  
Now my grandchildren are enjoying the sport.  None of them are stellar as far as breaking any records or making it to state, but they seem to really love doing it.
Adam has discovered the hurdles.  He's not very fast but since not many compete in those races, he almost always places.  
Brock in middle school will find what he likes to do in time.  Right now he long jumps and runs the dashes.  He's not a fast runner, so may have to find other things that he can excel at. 
Cami has discovered triple jumping and has improved quite a bit.  She had some help from Ted who was assisting Heidi Cerveny.  She also loves throwing the discus.
She enjoys running the 4x800 and 4x400 relays as well.
This year I was able to go as the assistant coach twice.  Once to the first indoor meet and once to the final meet of the year prior to the Regional meet.  I enjoy watching the athletes compete and love cheering them on even if they have no chance of winning.  I hope to be able to continue doing this and cheering them on for years to come with many of my grandchildren.
 

No comments: